News Ticker

How To Search Duplicate Files On computer

By Unknown - Wednesday, 9 January 2013 1 Comment
Delete duplicate files from computer, using this free tool, thus, increase storage capacity of your hard disk.

Free duplicate files deleterFew days back my friend gave me Death Note and Bleach Series. Total it was around 12 GB content. When I was transferring content from her Flash-drive to my Laptop, my system failed to take complete files as I was running out of space. After spending some minutes in deleting unwanted and cloned files from mt downloads folder I was able to make around 5 GB apace. But when I realized that more space can be recovered from deleting these duplicate files I tried "Duplicate File Searcher" program.
And voila! It cleaned further 9 GB space deleting about 250 duplicate files. It all happened due to my phone and laptop sync. Some video and music files get copied in multiple locations resulting in system running out of space.

Search and Delete Duplicate Files 


Searching and clearing duplicate files is a damn tedious task. It took me around one hour to clear 5 GB duplicate files and that too because I was aware of those files. Windows doesn't provides any tool for its users to check system for duplicate files taking up unnecessary disk space.
So ff you’re system is also going out  of apace and you are about to perform a full scan manually, Wait a minute We have a free software that will help you to find, delete duplicate files and get some space freed on your computer.

How Duplicate File Search Works?


Duplicate Files Searcher is able to perform file searching with byte for byte comparison for accuracy. File preview option is also provided so for users can make a double check before delete it. In my case it gave wrong result in some text files that too because they all were default named "New Text Document" and were of same size. But otherwise this is an awesome tool.

Features of The Duplicate Files Search

  • The free software runs on Windows, MacOS, Linux and Solaris.
  • Search results can be saved and loaded in future time.
  • User friendly interface.
  • Perform on all types of files, folders or drives.
  • Works even with removable media devices.
  • Flexible control over files to be deleted.

How To Use Duplicate Files Search?


Since this software uses JRE (Java Runtime Environment), it requires JRE SE (Java Runtime Environment Standard Edition) installed on your system.
Get JRE SE from HERE.

Download Duplicate Files Searcher from below link.


After download is completed, just double-click or Open on the dfsfull.jar
The other method is to type in the comand-line: java -jar dfsfull.jar

1 comment to ''How To Search Duplicate Files On computer"

ADD COMMENT
  1. Nice post. In addition to this I wanna share what I've been using for the past year its "DuplicateFilesDeleter" I finds and remove duplicate files. Its worth a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your view.....will be added here soon after moderation.